Snoop into your DNS!
DNS gathers traffic for all of your services. BuddyNS' GeoStats help you
elicit usage patterns, detect and originate traffic anomalies, and optimize your DNS
in the blink of an eye.
Why through DNS
Web stats give you insight on your WebSite use. DNS stats
give you insight on all of your services. Spam spree? Network scan preluding
an attack? Distributed brute force to a service? BuddyNS GeoStats help you
seeing these through a nice, graphical traffic breakdown.
BuddyNS aggregates all your DNS traffic data. It breaks it down by
domain, it extracts the target type (e-mail, host, DNS), IPv4/IPv6
vector, and locates the geographical origin of the client. It then
draws all of this information in a nice, easy-to-read graph over
What time of the week, month, year gets the biggest load? When is
the best time to run a maintenance window? GeoStats help you answer all
of these by showing you recurring traffic flows.
Spam sprees, port scans, distributed attacks, botnet scans
normally demand ad-hoc, sophisticated systems to detect. GeoStats help
you notice and respond to these incidents just as they happen.
Got servers in America when users browse you from Australia? Run
IPv4 only while users want to query over IPv6? GeoStats let you
detect and quantify all of these cases.
- Your BuddyNS traffic exceeds 300 Kqr/mo
- You want to optimize your DNS latency
- You want to interpret your DNS traffic volume
- You want to profile usage of your services
- Activate GeoStats on selected Domains
- BuddyNS records and analyzes their traffic
- Analysis is prepped in easy-to-read graphs
- Hourly updated graphs always on BuddyNS